The Sent People of God
Synopsis of the Problem:
The missional church movement continues to grow and develop. While there is a baseline of theology for the work of the missional church, there is very little information on what missional churches do in order to accomplish the missio dei.
The purpose of the research was to find congruencies and differences in the motivation, organization, and activities of five leading missional communities within the United Methodist Church through multi-case study.
1. In what ways are the five missional churches similar in motivation, organization, and activities?
2. In what ways are the five missional churches different in motivation, organization, and activities?
3. What are the strongest streams of continuity within the five missional churches?
Description of the Project:
Qualitative Research Design
Multi-case study of five leading missional churches in UMC
1. Interviews of pastors will provide data about motivation and organization.
2. Participant observation checklists will provide data about organization, motivation, and activities.
3. Focus groups will provide data about motivation and activities.