Course Leadership: Dr. Randy Jessen
Dates: July 16-18 / 21-23, 2008
• Apply personality type theory and spiritual type models to the development of a personal plan for continuous spiritual growth
• Identify specific ways that spiritual formation impacts personal leadership style and skills.
• Clarify and implement a personal pattern (Rule of Life) for Christian discipline.
• Identify the key options for implementing a spiritual formation strategy in the local church.
• Design a long term spiritual growth plan for the local church that includes a specific strategy for retreat and mission ministry.
Augsburger, David. Dissident Discipleship. Grand Rapids, MI: Brazos Press, 2006.
Blackaby, Henry, and Richard Blackaby. Spiritual Leadership. Nashville, TN:
Broadman and Holman, 2001.
De Caussade, Jean-Pierre. The Sacrament of the Present Moment. Trans. Kitty
Muggeridge. New York, NY: HarperCollins, 1989.
Jones, E. Stanley, A Song of Ascents
Foster, Richard. Streams of Living Water. New York, NY: HarperCollins, 1998.
Johnson, Reginald. Your Personality and the Spiritual Life. Gainesville, FL: CAPT,
Merton, Thomas. The Seven Storey Mountain. First Harvest ed. Orlando, FL: Harcourt
Brace and Company, 1999.
Paterson, Eugene H. The Contemplative Pastor. Grand Rapids, Eerdmans, 1989.
Shannon, William. Thomas Merton: An Introduction. Rev. ed. Cincinnati, OH: St.
Anthony Messanger Press, 2005.
Thompson, Marjorie. Soul Feast. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2005.
Thrall, Bill, Bruce McNicol, and Ken McElrath. The Ascent of a Leader. San Francisco,
CA: Jossey-Bass, 1999.